Nomination and Selection Process
This program is open only to career GS-15 and equivalent civil service employees. Agencies can now choose the application process:
- Agencies conduct an internal vetting process and forward top six candidates.
- Self-nomination with supervisor recommendation and supervisor's approval.
Interested agencies may nominate six candidates. Agencies determine their own internal processes to select nominees and submit them to the WHLDP for further consideration.
Self-nominations with supervisor recommendation and approval are now accepted. WHLDP will be responsible for vetting these candidates, putting forward a maximum of 6 candidates per agency for interviews.
After reviewing formal nominations from agencies and vetted nominees, the WHLDP implements a rigorous selection process to determine program finalists. The WHLDP will extend acceptance invitations to 10-20 finalists.
Nomination and Selection Timeline
- Agencies must select either Agency nominations or Supervisor nominations. WHLDP will not offer a blended approach this year.
- Supervisor’s approval applications are due one month prior to agency nominations. Applications must be sent directly to WHLDP.
- Once selected to take part in interviews, all candidates are in the same applicant pool (there is no difference between supervisor nominations and agency nominations).
- February 8, 2021 – Call for nominations
- April 16, 2021 – Self-nominations per supervisor’s approval due to WHLDP
- May 14, 2021 – Agency nominations due to WHLDP
- June 1, 2021 – WHLDP selection process begins
- June 7-11, 2021 – Interviews with Alumni
- June 21 - July 16, 2021 – Placement Interviews
- July 26-30, 2021 – Executive Leadership Committee Interviews
- August 9-10, 2021 – Candidate notification of selection in the program
- August 16, 2021 – Onboarding process of finalist begins
- October 1, 2021 – Welcome cohort 7
For more information
- View the Program Manual and the Nomination Guide
- Agencies that are interested in nominating candidates should contact email@example.com for more information.
- Individuals who are interested in becoming a WHLDP Fellow should contact their agency’s Chief Human Capital Officer’s Office to learn about their agency nomination process.