Nomination and Selection Process
This program is open only to career GS-15 and equivalent civil service employees. Individuals may not self-nominate. Individuals must be nominated by their agency to be considered for the WHLD Program.
Interested agencies may nominate two to four candidates. Agencies determine their own internal processes to select nominees and submit them to the WHLD Program for further consideration.
After reviewing formal nominations from agencies, the WHLD Program implements a selection process to determine program finalists. The WHLD Program will extend acceptance invitations to 10-20 finalists.
Nomination and Selection Timeline
- May 15, 2019 – Nominations Due to WHLD Program
- June 3, 2019 – WHLD Program selection process begins/ Round 1 phone Interviews
- July 16, 2019 - Round 2: In-Person Interviews
- July 30, 2019 - Round 3: Rotation Interviews
- August 7, 2019 – Candidate Notification of status of program and onboarding process of finalist begins
- October 7, 2019 – Formal onboarding begins
For more information
- Agencies that are interested in nominating candidates should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Individuals who are interested in becoming a WHLD Program Fellow should contact their agency’s Chief Human Capital Officer’s Office to learn about their agency nomination process.